Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Slippery Slope - Lemony Snicket - 5 stars

This is book 10 of A series of Unfortunate Events and I feel like they just get better with each book. I do not find it quite as annoying with all the unfortunate events because I feel like now they are handling these situations better. There are still some pretty silly situations, but also some pretty serious ones as well. I still think that this series is more YA than middle grade. This is probably a favorite for me now. It was a very engaging read for me as always, which makes them go much to quickly.

The characters develop more as we go through the series, you learn each of the Baudelaire's personalities and their differences from one to the other. I really enjoy all of them and can't really choose a favorite between them. I think they are all written very well. The band of evil doers is growing and the orphans are quite outnumbered, but there is a surprising addition to their team in this one that I really enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment