Monday, August 20, 2018

Still Waters - Kalilah Coulter - 5 stars

This was another of the best books I have read so far this year. It was so engaging, such a riveting story. Please note though that before you read you need to know that there are MANY triggers in the story for those who are survivors of domestic violence and abuse. It is a story of fear, betrayal, strength and wisdom. So many emotions wrapped up in the pages of this book.

There is not much more I can say that I have not already about this story. My relationship was no where near the intensity of this story, but it definitely shows what it can and will turn into if you do not get help from somewhere. A very toxic relationship that just gets more deadly with each and every page. I felt so many emotions with this one. I wanted to literally jump into the pages and help the main character out, or destroy the man who possessed her.

As far as characters go, well, it took awhile for Natasha, (main character) to grow on me in this story. I found that she just did not learn easily, she took unnecessary risks constantly until it came down to life or death. It is hard to free yourself from a relationship such as this because you have been made to feel inferior, unwanted or unneeded, but it just seemed to take her a bit longer to learn from her experiences. My favorite character by far was Kenney. I would definitely want someone like him in my corner.

I will definitely be reading part 2 of the Still waters series, it will be called Kenney. Looking forward to it's release

No comments:

Post a Comment