Sunday, August 5, 2018

The Woman in Cabin 10 - Ruth Ware - 3 stars

I had heard a lot about this book so when my book club offered this as one of the selections, I jumped on it. I thought the mystery in the book was absolutely great. It really had me asking a lot of questions, even so, I think the book lacked excitement. I am used to reading high adrenalin based mystery/thrillers. I did not get that with this one until the last 80 or so pages. I do think that it was worth the wait, I was just a little disappointed thinking that the whole story could have been that way.

I did enjoy the characters, all of them, good and bad. They almost felt like a cast of characters from the game clue, or maybe characters straight out of an Agatha Christie novel. I think they were created and developed very well, and the characters, to me, are just as important as the plot itself if not more so. At one point I thought I had figured out the mystery of the woman in Cabin 10 to find that I was completely wrong, and I am glad I was wrong because then I would have felt that the characters and plot was predictable, but neither is true.

I will definitely read more from this author in the future. She does have a talent and she definitely has the ability of roping her readers in pretty good, because even though I felt it lacked excitement I was pretty engrossed by the story and characters anyway. Like I said, the ending excitement was worth the waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment