Monday, August 27, 2018

On Mystic Lake - Kristin Hannah - 4 stars

Wow I really enjoyed this book. This is the third one I have read by this author, and loved them all. I found this one to be so engaging and it was also very easy to get into. I found my heart to be ripped out, put back, and then ripped out again. It was so easy to get lost between the pages in this one. I found the story to be so real and genuine. I loved the characters, the plot, the location, everything was written so beautifully which is I why I love Kristin Hannah's writing.

Annie is my favorite character in the story. She is so real and she is so easy to relate to. I think a lot of women end up feeling the way Annie did in this story. We get in that position, and get comfortable with it, and feel like it is just normal life, without realizing what even happened or how we ended up that way. I can so relate to her on so many levels.

There are no good or bad people really in this story. I found that everyone is held accountable for their actions which is what keeps this story so real for me. The only problem I had with the book was the ending. It felt kind of rushed and incomplete for me. I guess I just expected a bigger bang at the end. But other than that it is definitely worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment