Saturday, September 22, 2018

The Good Daughter - Karin Slaughter - 5 stars

WOW! I knew I would not be disappointed with this book since it is by one of my favorite authors. I knew this would be the perfect book for a buddy read, and it was. I loved everything about this book, the plot, the mystery, the characters, everything. I loved how engaging it was. I love the emotions that were brought out as well. There were so many times when I thought I simply can not put this down. LOL

Lots of twists and turns to keep the adrenalin pumping and the excitement levels high. Right from the start of the book, my heart was racing, blood pumping. I could envision every little detail and I felt everything the characters were feeling. The imagery in this book is amazing, like I was immersed straight into the story, living every detail of it with these characters. There were plenty of times where I would catch myself trying to figure everything out, in which I failed miserably most of the time. The author never reveals too much just little snippets here and there, helps to keep it from being too predictable.

I really liked the characters in this book, I found that they were pretty well developed. Some were stronger than others, but I like how each of them were flawed, had their own issues they needed to overcome and in the midst of a case that was about to be blown wide open. They used their weaknesses to make things right. And the characters were so much more than readers first discover, so multi layered and we get to see those layers pull back and reveal who these people are for real. I love that. I love how we think we know them at the start, but we learn even more and it makes readers love them, for who they are, that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment