Wednesday, September 5, 2018

There's No Place Like Here - Cecelia Ahern - 3 stars

Let me start off by saying that I really do enjoy this author's writing. Also, this book was nothing like I expected. The story's plot is very original, and very engaging. At first I was expecting more mystery, but what I got was more contemporary, than actual mystery and that is ok because it really was not like anything else I have read.

I did like most of the characters, and then there were those few that were really quite annoying to me. Our main character, Sandy, to me, was very likeable and I loved how she never gave up hope, like all the rest of them had. She knew what she wanted and that was not to be where she was. I liked Bobby too, but I was hoping that he would have been a bit more help to Sandy than he was.

The ending of the story I was quite disappointed in, which is why this is getting a 3 star instead of a 4 star review. It could have been so much more than what the author made it, and I expected so much more than what I got. as well, with the ending. I thought that as different and as magical the story iteself was, the ending would be as well. So yeah I hoped for so much more with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment