Saturday, September 29, 2018

Rebel Angels - Libba Bray - 4 stars

This is book #2 in the Gemma Doyle series. This was a buddy read with my niece. I found that this book started out much slower than the first one did. So it took some getting into it. When it did finally pick up though, I ended up liking it quite a lot. There were some pretty good, intense moments with this continuation that I really enjoyed. After it finally took off, I found that the story became pretty engaging for me.

I felt like with this one, they were entering the realms a lot more. Some of those parts were a bit intense, at one point I had to put the book down. I don't know if it was just me or what, but it made me feel a little bit stressed out. I do find that I like the times that they enter the realms more, because it seems a lot more exciting then when they are at home.

The characters are pretty much the same in this one, there may have been a couple new ones. One for sure that I misjudged, but still all great additions to the story. I am not sure about the love interests though. I am still on the fence about them. Gemma is still my favorite character out of all of them, I just wish she was not such a push over at times. I would love for her to be a bit stronger and stand her ground more.

I am looking for to the final installment of this trilogy. A Sweet Far Thing. I will hopefully pick that one up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment