Friday, July 22, 2022

The Last Time I Lied - Riley Sager - 4.5 stars

 WOW WOW WOW...*GOBSMACKED* At first I thought the ending was going to be quite disappointing for me, but..... I was pleasantly surprised when the author wrapped it up differently than I thought. It was starting to feel rather unfinished for me as i neared the end. *BAM* I was slapped in the face with the perfect ending to the book.

I really enjoyed the plot of this book, which is why I picked it up in the first place and I wanted to read something by this author. I thought that there was quite a bit of mystery surrounding the story, both past and present and I found the author trying to fool us as readers a few times. LOL I found myself working pretty hard trying to figure out what was going on, who are the bad people and who are not.

I loved the characters in this story as well. My favorite was of course the main character, Emma. I loved the way she interacted with other people, how she was confident and unafraid to speak what she thought, regardless of her past or present. I also like how she stuck to her guns and did not give up in her quest to find the answers she was seeking to this mystery of 15 years ago. It really made her an ideal character for me.

I will definitely read more from this author in the future. I love how fluid and engaging his writing style is. He can definitely keep readers glued to the pages from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment