Monday, July 27, 2015

Fairest - Marissa Meyer - 4 stars

I chose to read Fairest for one of the challenges for the TBRTakedown 2.0. I have had this book for a couple of months and I decided to finally get to it since it is an important part of the Lunar Chronicles. This is book number 3.5 and comes before Winter that is to be released this November. I think it fits in so well after Cress and it plays an important role in the series.

In this book we have the story of our impressive Queen Levana. What her life was like before and during her early reign as Queen of Luna. A story that comes before Cinder, Scarlet and Cress. Again, a story of love, hate, and war. A story that almost makes you feel sorry for her and what she endured during her life.

I really enjoyed this part of the Lunar Chronicles. I loved getting the back story on Queen Levana as it does make readers see things a bit differently. It allows readers to get to the core of Queen Levana. I found a lot of questions I had about her were answered, and I found that to be very helpful. A great glimpse into her life to let readers know why she was the way she was. I enjoyed seeing things from a different perspective as well. I think it was well planned out and beautifully written.

Of course I loved the characters in this book and each of their roles. It was fun to see the backstory on Queen Levana, her husband, which we only get a glimpse of in Cinder, and also Selene as well. I thought it was great to see where they all started and who they were. I find the Queen to be a great villain, but I found it more fascinating as to why she is the villain that she is.

I have to recommend this book to anyone who is invested in the Lunar Chronicles, it is a must read, and it should be read as a 3.5 because it much more exciting that way. If you have not read the Lunar Chronicles then I think you should. It is well worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment