Friday, July 31, 2015

Unwind - Neal Shusterman - 4 stars

This is a dystopian, and I don't enjoy too many dystopian but I chose to read this book as both a buddy read and a book for the TBRTakedown 2.0 challenge. I have not had this book long only a few weeks and decided to read it because I had heard some great things about the series. Now I am glad I did and I look forward to the rest of the books in this series.

This story is about a world after a second civil war over reproductive rights takes place. So between the ages of 13 and 18 parents can decide to have their children unwound where every part of them is transplanted into others who needs a specific part. Connor our main character has gotten to be too much for his parents and the sign him over to be unwound. Connor along with 2 other unwinds decide they will fight back.

I loved the whole concept of this of this story. So different from other dystopian novels I have read and that is what I love the most about this book. I also found there to be a lot going on, a lot of adventure and excitement. I felt like this was almost wrote with realism because this story is not so far fetched as you might think. I can se this happening in real life and it is a scary thought. It was a very thought provoking story that was very fluid and very easy to read.

The characters I thought were very well developed and I expect that they will develop even more throughout the series. I really enjoyed Connor's characters along with Risa. I think they were very realistic and believable. There were some I did not care for but overall I think they were well done and I look forward to further development.

I would recommend this to anyone really, but especially those who like Dystopian novels. It is not your normal dystopian and it has many different element added to the story that are enjoyable. I look forward to the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment