Thursday, December 10, 2015

Kiss - Ted Dekker - 4 stars

I decided on this book to go towards my A-Z challenge. I really enjoyed this one quite a bit. The book was really engaging and had me hooked right from the start. I do think it is more plot driven than anything and has a great plot line with lots of mystery thrown in.
Synopsis
Let me tell you all I know for sure. "My name. Shauna."

I woke up in a hospital bed missing six months of my memory. In the room was my loving boyfriend--how could I have forgotten him?--my uncle and my abusive stepmother. Everyone blames me for the tragic car accident that left me near death and my dear brother brain damaged. But what they say can't be true--can it?

I believe the medicine is doing strange things to my memory. I'm unsure who I can trust and who I should run from. And I'm starting to remember things I've never known. Things not about me. I think I'm going crazy.

"And even worse, I think they want to kill me."

But who? And for what? Is dying for the truth really better than living with a lie?

I found this plotline to be very exciting and also addicting. I could not put the book down. Is was very fluid and easy to follow. There was so much mystery in this story and I felt like I was Shauna trying to figure out exactly who to trust. It certainly did keep me glued to the pages. I did find though that it lacked the usual adrenalin pumping action that most of his other books have. I missed that in this one, but I think the mystery aspect is enough to make it a great story.

The characters were great. I loved Shauna and her drive, even at her lowest point she refused to give up and kept pushing forward. There are a lot of different characters to figure out in the story and plenty to both love and hate. I think they were developed well and I loved the mystery that surrounded them especially Shauna. When we go into this story we know nothing about her, then gradually we see who she is and who she becomes.

I recommend this to anyone who is a fan of Ted Dekker, likes Christian fiction (Not a 'shoved down your throat' kind of Christian fiction.), or anyone who likes Mystery like I do. Those readers are sure to enjoy this book. I look forward to more of Ted Dekker's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment