Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Unsouled - Neal Shusterman - 5 stars

This series was recommend to me by a couple of people quite awhile ago and I am glad I decided to get started on it, I don't really care so much for Dystopian novels/series but WOW I feel like this series just gets better with each book I that read. I am loving this series so much and I am so glad that it was recommended to me. I hope to finish this series up by the end of this year. I have only one left.

I won't give a synopsis on this particular book since it is the third one in the series. This series is a Post Apocalyptic where parents are given the right to have their child unwound if they are troubled or they are not quite what the parent expect them to be up until the age of 17. Their parts are then given to people who need them. The children are told that they will not cease to exist but that they will exist in a divided state.

I love the plot of this story so much, it is told with so much depth. It is so different from normal dystopian books. I know I keep saying that but I want to stress how different it is. The storyline is very engaging, fluid, and easy to follow. The world building is amazing and the imagery really allows readers to put themselves in the story and live through the experiences that all these characters live through. I have to say that this story really makes me think, What if this could happen in reality, how would we deal with it.

I love the development of the characters as I go through each book. They transition so smoothly from one book to the next. There are plenty of characters to love and hate. I love Conner and Risa the most. I think they are strong and so motivated. They have so much on their plates to deal with right from the start, And I find myself rooting for them. Some of the characters transition in a way I o not expect and I think that keeps the story exciting.

I recommend this series to anyone who wants a little something different in the dystopian genre. I think this series is the perfect fit for that, And of course those who love dystopian would probably really enjoy this series as well. Even though I have been really enjoying this series and don't want I to end, I look forward to reading the last book and see how the author wraps things up. Pretty sure with his talent, I won't be disappointed at all. I look forward to more books by him in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment