Thursday, December 3, 2015

X,Y, Z A Detective Story - Anna Katharine Green - 2 stars

I chose this short book to use for my A-Z Challenge since it would be a quick read, and it was a mystery, so I figured I would like it. But for me, it just ok really. I did not like the writing style at all, there were far too many run on sentences and that got annoying really quick. I also thought that the beginning was just a lot of nonsense and it made the story a bit confusing. It was wrote in the 1920's and I feel like writing was a lot different back then so that would explain that.

I thought that the plot was a good one and it did pick up a bit, but I found the story to be very predictable. I think the Author gave too much away throughout the story which allows readers to solve the mystery, what there was of it, rather quickly so there is no element of surprise with this one.

I did not like any of the characters. I found them to be underdeveloped and boring. This could be because it is a short book. Less than 100 pages and I could be expecting too much. I think the author could have take the story much further making the story been much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment