Thursday, January 26, 2017

Pretty Girls - Karin Slaughter - 4 stars

Another great book by Karin Slaughter. I knew I would enjoy this one since she is one of my favorite Authors. A great psychological thriller for sure.

Two estranged sisters with one who was murdered years back with a body that was never found. The story unfolds with a recent disappearance of a young woman and sucks the readers into a dark, disturbing story of love, hate, trust, lies and some very dangerous secrets.

I myself have 4 sisters, so this one really touched home a lot. I also really liked how dark she told this, I thought it was a great element for the story. I was super engaged to the story from the start. I did find though, that I could guess ahead of time as to what was going to happen, so maybe a little predictable, but then again maybe that is they way the author intended for it to be. It had really great pacing which is another of Slaughter's great assets. She knows how to keep a story moving. I don't feel like it is her best, but it was still great, plenty of 'edge of your seat' moments and very worth the read for anyone who is a fan.

The characters were so amazing. Very well developed and very realistic. I found there to be plenty of backstory on them. This allowed me to really get to know who they were, and why they were. I also found the characters to have those flaws that I like to see. I really dislike 'perfect' characters and you won't find those with Slaughter's books. There are plenty of protagonists, antagonists, protagonist that are better antagonists. LOL The bad guys are amazing to hate. The ones that just make you seethe with hatred for them. I was seething near the end of the book because of a situation that was pretty much looked like it was out of the control of the protagonist.

I definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves Mystery, Psychological thrillers, or you are just a fan of this author's writing and have not yet read this one. It is definitely a thrill ride for all who read this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment