Monday, January 16, 2017

Robert B. Parker's Damned if You Do - Michael Brandman - 4 stars

This is book #12 in the Jesse Stone series. I have really enjoyed this series a lot. I look forward to the last 2 books and hopefully I will get to those soon.
Synopsis

The woman on the bed was barely out of her teens. She wasn’t exactly beautiful, but she’d tried to make the most of her looks. And now, alone in a seedy beachfront motel, she was dead.

Paradise Police Chief Jesse Stone doesn’t know her name. Whoever she is, she didn’t deserve to die. Jesse starts digging, only to find himself caught in the crosshairs of a bitter turf war between two ruthless pimps. And more blood will spill before it’s over.

This one had 2 separate stories running at the same time as do a lot of these books in this series. I again enjoyed the plot to the story. I always find them engaging even though this series is a pretty laid bac series. There is not a lot of action in them but still very enjoyable. They are very quick, fluid reads and I believe that to be due to the use of so much dialogue. It keeps the stories moving pretty good.

I really enjoy the characters in this series. There are so many to enjoy. I can however tell a bit of a difference with the characters now that they are written by Michael Brandman instead of Robert Parker. I find that Jesse is much more bold, which I enjoy that part, but I find that the conversations there are between Jesse and Molly or Jesse and Dix seem a bit strained now, not as easy going as before, so that feels kinda wrong. Other than that though I really enjoy all of the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment