Thursday, October 23, 2014

Chocolate Covered Forbidden Fruit - Trista Russell - 4 stars

I was really not sure about reading this book because it is way out of my comfort zone, but I decided that I would just go with it and give it a try. I have to say that the book was well written, engaging and it flowed very well. I thought it was easy to understand and was quite enjoyable. I am glad that I decided to go ahead and finally read it.

In this book we follow a girl named Thalia Tyree and her near obsession with the Pastor Isaac Flack, who just happens to be her best friends dad. So this is pretty much a story about her life, her ups and downs, in and outs, failures, mistakes and accomplishments. She also gets herself into some pretty sticky situations. She goes on a vacation with her friends to Daytona Beach, things get a little wild and stuff happen while they are there. There is some dark content to this book that I did not expect at all, and of course a few 'sexy times' as well.

I really like Thalia a lot and the fact that readers watch her grow throughout the story. At first I was not to sure about her and did not like her all that much. But she grew on me pretty quickly through all of her mistakes and short comings. There are a lot of interesting characters to sort through in this story, most of them are very likable and then there are a couple that I would prefer to shoot, but they make great, believable villains.

This book presents a pretty powerful message and also had a lot of different elements such as religion, romance, love, darkness, and recklessness and it really made the story more interesting to me and presented some unexpected events. I found that it also made the story unpredictable and that is always good.

I recommend this to anyone as long as you can handle some darker issues and a few rather descriptive sex scenes. I think this is a pretty decent read since the story is more about Thalia maturing and making some bad decisions along the way and how she deals with some rather severe issues in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment