Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Nothing Lasts Forever - Sidney Sheldon - 5 stars

Sidney Sheldon is a first time read for me and I have to ask myself why I had never picked up one of his books before now. I think that he is a brilliant writer and I am glad that I finally had the opportunity to pick up one of his books. I was totally engrossed in the story and really hated for it to end.

In this book we have the stories of 3 different female doctors working in the same hospital. Dr. Paige Taylor, who is on trial for the murder of a patient that she testifies was a euthanasia, Dr. Kat Hunter, who gets involved with a deadly bet, and Dr. Honey Taft who feels forced to becoming a doctor and does everything besides her job. Each one of these doctors are fighting their own separate demons and trying to overcome some horrific obstacles while at the same time causing some serious problems with the hospital they were all employed at.

Most of the story has a setting inside of the Embarcadero hospital in San Francisco. The author writes the hospital with such realism that readers can visualize themselves there among the doctors, patients and their families. It seemed like with the turn of every page something new came to light for these 3 women wreaking havoc in their lives and the lives of other surrounding doctors they worked with. This story also had a lot of great back story on each of the women that allows the readers to connect to them better and also made them become far more believable and realistic.

I loved the characters in the story. They were so well developed. So much better than I could ever explain in this review. They were less than perfect, but perfect with their flaws and shortcomings as the dealt with the everyday problems they were faced with both in the hospital setting and in their own personal lives. I felt so strongly for them, each one in a different way, and I love when an author can do that for his readers. I felt so much emotion and three women will not be easily forgotten.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves adult medical thrillers, and mysteries. This story has so many different elements to it, love, friendship, rage, hate, jealousy, envy, honesty and trust. I think really anyone could enjoy this book because the writing is amazing. I will be sure to pick up more from Sidney Sheldon in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment