Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Iron Queen - Julie Kagawa - 3.5 stars

This is book 3 of the Iron Fey series. This one was not my favorite of the series by any means, but it did have enough to it to keep me reading. I thought that it was much slower paced than the first 2 even though there still seemed to be plenty of action. I am not sure how it worked out like that.

In this installment Meghan and her team have to take out the False King who is claiming to be the newest Iron King. Meghan had learned earlier from Machina, that it was not possible. Iron glamour can't be taken, it must be given.

The world building is still wonderful in this book. I love the imagery that Julie Kagawa uses in her books. Makes the world seem so realistic and believable even though we know it could not possibly exist. She has a great gift of creating the scene and laying it out before her readers.

I absolutely love Ash and the relationship he has with Meghan. It is so beautiful to see the loyalty and love there. Puck on the other hand totally got on my nerves in this book. He seemed so much more selfish. He already knew that Meghan looked at him as her best friend but he had a hard time accepting that. Also a little twist is thrown in there involving Puck. I also really enjoyed watching the relationship between Meghan and her father Paul. Meghan looks out for everyone but herself and I love her strength and devotion to those around her. She is an amazing character. All of them are very well developed.

I am rating this one 3.5 stars. I liked it, but did not love it. I look forward to reading The Iron Knight and revisiting all my favorite Characters. I recommend this series to anyone who likes YA fantasy. It is a god way to get into the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment