Monday, December 19, 2016

Just After Sunset - Stephen King - 2 stars

I chose this book for my letter 'J' for the A-Z challenge. I was pretty excited to have a J since this is the last one to complete the challenge. I don't normally read a lot of short stories, but this being King I figured why not?

So this is a book of 14 short stories, and I have to say that this was some of the most disappointing writing I have ever read by King. I only really enjoyed 5 of the stories,
The Gingerbread Girl, N, The Cat From Hell, The New York Times at Special Bargain Rates, & Mute Then there were 2 that were pretty choppy in the beginning but then smoothed out and were enjoyable, Anyana & A very Tight Place. The rest of them did not make much sense to me at all. One of them I just could not finish due to boredom, and that was The Things they Left Behind.

I really do not recommend this book to anyone. I did not find that it was really worth the read at all. I did not really find any of the stories to be horrifying or scary. So it was a BIG disappointment to me. Most of the stories were just boring and not exciting. This is hard for me to say about my favorite author. I am sure there are some people that enjoyed the stories, I am not one of them. But because of the few I did like this gets a 2 star rating rather than 1 star.

No comments:

Post a Comment