Thursday, December 15, 2016

Miracle on I-40 - Curtiss Ann Matlock - 3.5 stars

I like to read a Christmas book every year so I wanted to be able to read one this year as well. I had this book for awhile and finally decided to get to it. This a first time read for me with this author, so I was not sure what to expect, but it turned out to be pretty good.
Synopsis
To reconcile with her folks back East and give her kids grandparents for Christmas, truck stop waitress Lacey Bryant arranged transportation with her steadiest customer. Little did she know she'd hitched a ride with Scrooge! Eighteen hundred miles confined with scowling Barry Cooper would feel endless ... unless Lacey miraculously changed his "Bah Humbug" to "Barry Christmas!

I loved the plot of the story which is actually what drew me into this story in the first place. It is a very quick read with great pacing. I did expect more to happen on tis long journey across the country so that was a little disappointing. It was still a fun read though.

I think with the characters, they were all developed pretty well, but I enjoyed the children the most in this one. The were fun and well rounded, I could almost imagine my own children being this same way when they were little.

A great Christmas story to read for anyone. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment