Thursday, March 16, 2017

Prototype - M.D. Waters - 4 stars

This is book 2 to the Archetype duology. I was not going to read the 2nd right after the first but I could not help myself. I must say though that I am kinda glad that she stopped with just 2 books. I think this could be a story that would get mundane or tiresome if it were to continue past this point. I really enjoyed the plot of this story. I found it quite intriguing and very original. I really like the authors writing style, it has a great pacing which keeps the book very fluid and interesting. The author also uses great twists to keep reader's on their toes.

I really like the characters in this story. I find them to be pretty well developed even with just the 2 books. I find them to be quite compelling, especially Emma. I also find that the antagonists are also quite interesting. They are wrote pretty well, although one of them I expected to be a bit more villainous than he was. So that was a little disappointing for me. He had all the qualifications to be an evil, sadistic monster and he only grazed just the outer layer of that.

I recommend this duology to anyone who likes Sci-fi, fantasy, thriller and the like. It will keep these readers entertained for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment