Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Gemina - Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff - 5 stars

This is book 2 of the Illuminae Files. I enjoyed this one just as much as the first. It took a little bit to get into this one at the start because there were all new characters since this one did not take place on the Hypatia like Illuminae did.

The setting for this one is on the Space Station Heimdall, in which the Hypatia is heading for. These new characters have to face the next round of assault from BeiTech. A lot of energy and excitement in this one. It seems like much more goes on in this one too, since these are humans verses humans rather than humans verses machine. So it does get pretty intense. It seemed liked the action was non stop in this installment and there is a pretty good twist in this one too.

I was a little disappointed that Kady and Ezra were not in this one and I did not think I would like the characters in this because of that. But the characters in this story really came shining through and I thought that they were just as well developed as the former cast. I really enjoyed each one of them a lot and their individual personalities. They did remind me a bit of Kady and Ezra though. I found that Nik was a bit more of a wild child than Ezra was, but I really liked that too. I would love to see all of them come together in the third and final installment.

This is a great YA Science Fiction. If you like Sci-fi and YA, then I am thinking y'all will love this one. This is a great action packed trilogy! Looking forward to getting into the last book Obsidio Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment