Sunday, April 8, 2018

The Girl Before - J.P. Delaney - 4 stars

I received this book though Book of the Month a while ago and decided to read it as a filler before a buddy read that I had planned. I have not read a psychological thriller in quite some time, so I thought it might be time now. I really enjoyed this book and I am so glad I decided to read it. It is a combination of thriller and mystery. I found that it was a pretty engaging read.

It really has a great pacing, I love how fluid the writing is. I found it to be a little predictable, but I have to wonder if the author did that on purpose just because of the way the story comes together. It did not really ruin the story for me though, so that was good. It also switches between 2 characters (both women) perspective from 2 different times. Makes it easier to follow that way. The setting is pretty awesome as well. The story surrounds a flat that is actually 'called' One Folgate Street, which is actually just the address, and I feel that the address is very ominous and suits the story very well, and the man who is responsible for it's construction.

One of the women I liked and the other not so much, but both of them written very well. Readers will see the similarities between them and then of course the differences as well. Readers also get to learn a lot about each of them and how One Folgate Street shapes and molds their lives and how it, in effect, affects each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment