Thursday, April 12, 2018

Illuminae - re-read - April 11, 2018

(Re-read for April 2018, and still loved it! So glad that I have re-read this book, now I can move onto Gemina, and finish up with Obsidio.)
Wow what an experience this book was. This book is a book that was picked for me for the Pick 5 challenge. And WOW is all I can say. This is a Science fiction which is completely out of my comfort zone and I absolutely loved this book! Right now, I can't imagine not reading it. So glad I was given the opportunity to do so.

Ok so at first I thought, great a science fiction, and then I picked up the book and turned to the first page and was glued to it till I finished it. This is the great escape into the universe! This is truly my favorite book for February. The plot draws readers in right from the start, you can't help yourself because you can feel the excitement building from that first page and you know you are in for one wild ride. The world that has been built here is built with such great imagery, that it makes you forget that any other places even exists. There are great twists to the story that add so much more to the story. Readers will feel every single emotion possible while reading this book.

The Characters are just stunning. They are so well developed, so relatable, and so believable. You have strong characters, weak characters, evil and good characters, characters that are off the charts in all areas. Readers will love every one of them for what they are or who they become. A nice mix of protagonists and antagonists. The ones you love and the ones you love to hate. Of course as far as characters goes it is hard to choose one favorite out of all of them, but I have to say Kady probably is my favorite. She grows so well throughout this story. She is strong and smart, but she also has her own issues and flaws that make her very relatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment