Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Then She Was Gone - Lisa Jewell - 5 stars

I got this book through Book of the Month and I am so glad that I chose this one. This is a first time read for me of this author. I love her writing style so much, it is so poetic. A lot of great quotes to remember in this one. It was very engaging from the first page all the way to the last.

This story has a great setting, one of those settings that gives you that small town feel. I love stories like that. The book flows well from start to finish and it was pretty hard for me to put down. It has some good plot twists to keep readers on their toes, and enough excitement to keep readers up at night. I also loved all the mystery leading up to the great reveal. I was always thinking and trying to figure out what was going on. Great storytelling!

There are some pretty good characters in this story. Well defines, well created, some very relatable and others you just was to punch in the face because they are either bad people or just annoying. She gives a wide array of personalities in this book. There was one character though, Theo, that I really did not see the significance of his role in the story until maybe way at the end, but even then he seemed kind of insignificant. He felt more like a filler, even though I did not think the story needed that at all.

I look forward to reading more from this author in the future. I find her writing style very poetic and engaging. If you like thrillers check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment