Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Duma Key - Stephen King - 5 stars

This was a re-read for me that I did with a couple of gals from my group. I did not remember a whole lot since it has been about 8 years since I read it. I do know that I loved it even more this time around. It was like reading the book for the first time and I enjoyed the creativity the author used for this.

This is such an enthralling and engaging journey. This story has such a wonderful plot and an amazing world where you begin to feel like you are living it and not our characters. You read through Edgar's perspective as he is telling you a story, where evil runs deep and a child becomes a tool. It also has some incredible twists and turns that is hard for us to even imagine happening.

There are plenty of heartwrenching moments where you can feel each of the characters emotional pain and triumphs. I have to say though that I was a little annoyed with King's use of hints and little spoilers throughout the story, that gives readers a heads up that something is going to happen. I can understand why it is done since Edgar is pretty much telling us a story that he has already lived, but I still did not care for it.

The characters yet again are my favorite part of the story, as it always seems, they definitely complimented the storyline very well. I can imagine the people in the story being the people I would want in my corner if I was trying to conquer something. Very well written characters. So very glad that I read it...A must read for any Stephen King fans.


No comments:

Post a Comment