Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Along Came a Spider - James Patterson - 5 stars

This is a re-read for me from 2 years ago. I had forgotten that I already read it, but either way I am so glad that I am finally to get to the Alex Cross series. I enjoyed this one probably even more than the first time I read it. This is the first book to the series. I have had several of the books for awhile now. I have read plenty by James Patterson and have enjoyed just about all of it, so I expected this book to be just as good, and it really was.

The plot to this one was very fast paced, it really kept the story flowing well and kept me engaged from page one. I found nothing that was draggy or slow with the story. There were also some pretty unexpected events that took shape in this one. I loved the action and excitement that came along with this first book and I look forward to much more of that in upcoming books of the series.

I really enjoyed Alex Cross as a character right from the start. He has a good head on his shoulder, but he does have some issues which makes him flawed, and I love a good flawed character. I look forward to his development throughout the series. I also enjoyed a few of the other characters as well, such as Nana Mama, who is Cross's grandmother, and I also enjoy Sampson who is Cross's partner in crime. Both of them together really make this an enjoyable series.

I recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of Patterson and has not yet read this series. I also recommend this to those who just love mystery in general. There is plenty to keep anyone interested and turning the pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment