Monday, February 25, 2019

Pretty Girl 13 - Liz Coley - 3 stars

This book was really just ok for me. I initially picked it up because the synopsis said "psychological mystery". I did like how it started, I found it was very mysterious. It was a great start, but then it kind of lost that excitement factor for me. However, I do think it is a good look into mental disorders due to psychological trauma. Sadly this happens far too often in today's society.

If this had been a true story, and nothing fictitious, then I think it may have affected me differently. I did find that some of the techniques used were a bit far fetched, like erasing her personalities one at a time. She does explain in the author's note that even though this treatment is fictitious it is theoretically possible for the future.

It was like I was reading about several different characters just between her split personalities, so that gave the book a bit more life for me. So that helped immensely. I am not sure which of the personalities I liked the best, but I am sure that they are very relatable to a lot of people, therefore, possibly even helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment