Monday, January 5, 2015

Legend - Marie Lu - 4 star

I read this book for a read along with a friend from Booktube. I am glad I finally picked the book up and got it off my TBR. I still need to buy book 2 but hopefully I will get that one soon since I already have Champion.

In this book the author gives us 2 different perspectives, Day and June. Day is an outlaw of the Republic. He is known for doing many things that, at the time, were against the law. One of the worst crimes he is thought to have committed is the murder of Metias, June's brother. June is out to get Day and bring him to justice until she begins to discover that not everything is adding up.

I was a little worried when I started reading this book because I thought it started off kind of slow, it dragged a bit for me because there did not seem to be that much action involved. But the world building was amazing and so was the character development so much so that it made me appreciate the time the author took to develop the story. The world itself kind of had a hunger games feel to it. I really loved the bad guys and the good guys both. Soon after, when the reader gets to meet the characters and get familiar with the world, the book does pick up and gets far more interesting and engaging.

I have to say that I love the characters in this book. They are quite engaging, relatable and are developed very well. I like June and Day the most, they just work well together I think. Even though their relationship felt more like an instalove, the story did not focus solely on that. And after reading the end of it I feel like they will not get to be together till much later on in the series. I also liked Kaede, I thought she was a brilliant addition to the story. An even bigger outlaw than Day himself. She is rough and tough and takes nothing thrown her way. I look forward to reading more about her in future installments.

I look forward to reading the next installment, Prodigy, as soon as I get the book. I would recommend this to anyone who likes YA Dystopian/Apocalyptic stories. This is definitely a favorite for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment