Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan - 5 stars

When I first started this series I thought maybe it would be too middle grade for me, but I decided to go ahead and get started. After I read the first book I was surprised at how it captured my attention. So I decided to get started on the next book and can I just say Wow this installment of Percy Jackson was even better than the first one, The Lightning Thief. So glad I decided to get started and hopefully finish this year.

In this installment Percy is in his seventh year when he receives bad news from Annabeth that the borders of Camp half Blood have been poisoned by some mysterious enemy. They then must journey into the sea of monsters to save the camp. Before that happens Percy discovers yet another secret about his family that could change everything.

I just love Riordan's writing style. He always keeps it fluid and easy to follow allowing reader's to become completely engaged. I liked this one so much more because it seems like there was so much more adventure involved. More places to go and see. I really like the air of mystery in this book and Percy tries to figure out where he belongs in this crazy story. There is great imagery and depth to the plot that allows readers to be completely immersed in the story. There were times that I felt like I was really there among Percy and his friends. I also think the build up in the books are awesome and really gives the readers something to look forward to with each book. I loved the great cliffhanger at the end of this one that I never saw coming.

We get to meet with some new characters that we can fall in love with and root for. And along the way readers also meet up with some old enemies as well. I think these characters are so well developed as they evolve throughout the story from one book to the next. I look forward to meeting more characters along way as I continue my journey with Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

I recommend this series to anyone who loves a little magic and adventure in their life, because there is plenty of that in this series so far. Anyone can enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment