Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Tuesday Talks - Overhyped Books?

For this weeks Tuesday Talks we discussed Over Hyped books and what we think of it all. I find that if I fall into the trap of 'overhyped books' I am disappointed if I did not like the book I bought. I try to stay away from it and let the hype die down a bit before plunging in. I don't like it to determine what books I will read for a month. However it is a good way to discover new genres and Authors, just be aware that we don't all like the same books and may end up disappointed in a book that everyone else loved,

I myself have over hyped books plenty of time imploring that my viewers, family and friends read these books that I have specified. I try to only over hype books that have not already been hyped to the max. I feel that if I can get a good book or series out their for others to be aware of and try, then it is a positive thing.

I guess the point I am trying to get across here is to just always be sure to make yourself aware of what the book is about before you jump into them. This way you will be disappointed less often with a book that was over hyped.

If you would like to watch my vlog on this topic then please go here. If you would like to join us at Tuesday Talks then you can find the group here. We are a very laid back group and anyone with interest or ideas are free to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment