Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Iron King - Julie Kagawa - 5 stars

This is the final installment of The Iron Fey series. I read this series as a read along Brittni starting last year and it had been one of the best buddy reads I have ever had. I am so glad we jumped into this beautiful world. I can say that Julie Kagawa has an instant fan in me. I will have a hard time trying to express what I feel about this book and this series as a whole, but here goes.

In this book we get Ash's perspective as he goes on his quest to uphold a promise he made to Meghan. Now that she is the Iron Queen he vowed that he would someday return and make it possible to be with her. So this is an unforgettable journey with Ash, and the rest of these brilliant characters, Puck, Grimlkin and the Wolf.

What a great wrap up to the series. I have so many things that I could say about this book but I can't get all of those thoughts out because mere words could not express my feelings for this book or even the series as a whole. This series needs to be experienced by each individual, because I can assure you that everyone will take something away from this story. This world is one I will never forget and one that I will journey to again. The imagery makes the world come to life so beautifully. The story itself is so realistic and believable even though it is on a make believe plane. It is full of emotion, sacrifice, love and hate. You will feel jealousy and rage and want to lash out at the bad guys you meet while taking this journey. You will long for justice and peace among the kingdoms in this world. So many elements make up this story and keeps it so engaging you can barely walk away from it.

These are among some of the greatest characters I have ever read. I must say that while reading this I got annoyed at times with the characters as they evolved and maybe one of them did something that I did not like and at that point I hated them, but then they redeem themselves at some point and I gain that love back for them again. It is a rollercoaster spending time with the characters in this series, but it is one that I would gladly get on again. Ash has got to be my favorite character of all of them. At the beginning I never would have thought that. He was a hero to me and it did not take me very long to fall in love with him. His backstory throughout the series was fantastic and readers learn what he did and what he had endured to become who he was in the end. All of these characters are developed so well that we can watch them evolve through each book until they eventually reach that point of who they were meant to be. All of them were wonderful to meet and spend time with and this is a journey I will gladly take again.

"We were born from their dreams, their fears and imaginations. We are the product of their hearts and minds. Without a soul we are immortal, yet empty. Remembered, we exist. Forgotten, we die. And when die, we simply fade away as if we never existed at all. To become human is to have a soul. It is that simple."

No comments:

Post a Comment