Saturday, March 7, 2015

11/22/63 - Stephen King - 5 stars

I just read this book as a reread for the reread along that I am hosting for March, 2015, and I have to say that I enjoyed it just as much this time as when I read it 2 years ago. I would keep it the same exact rating as well. This was such a pleasure to read again and visit with these unforgettable characters. The story rich in both plot and characters, everyone should read it at least once.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Review from February 25, 2013

Again I was nothing but pleased with yet another King Novel. And again the characters were created with such life and vitality. I fell in love with so many of them. And all King fans know that he is the master in character development. In this novel my favorite would have to be Jake.

I found this is a very thought provoking story. When I first started it, I felt envious of Jake for being able to see his home in early years. The smells and the sights, the newness of everything. Then the further I read made me do a lot of thinking. What would I do? What would I sacrifice? Would I really change history if given the chance? Would I risk the possibility of catastrophic events due to changing the past? I can simply say, even though my heart would say yes, my head would not.

My beliefs are that everything happens for a reason. I know some people would not agree with that and some would, either way these beliefs are mine. And I felt each of Jake's struggles with this throughout the entire novel. This story will make you feel every emotion that you could possibly feel. You will be consumed from the first page to the last. King wrote it brilliantly with the perfect blend of mystery, danger, and a love so rich and deep it is almost overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment