Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan - 5 stars

This is book 3 of the Percy Jackson Series. This is also one of the series I wish to complete this year. I gotta say these books just keep getting better the more I read them. I love that they are so engaging and so fast paced. It is so easy to lost in Percy's world, among these God's and monsters. I am so glad I decided to read this series this year. I have not been disappointed yet.

In this installment We meet some new characters as they go on a quest with Percy and Grover to rescue Annabeth and a goddess in chains from the clutches of the those intent on destroying Olympus and everything that has to do with it. Percy makes some more enemies along way.

This installment was really fast paced as the plot thickens and the story draws closer to the prophecies that revolve around Percy. We get some interesting new twists in this plot line surrounding the Oracle yet again. One thing that I really enjoy about this series is that nothing comes easy to any of our characters. Everything has to be worked for. There is always something their to hinder their progress and they proceed to overcome the obstacles. I was so engaged with this one and the characters that I was sad to see it end. There were also some pretty good feels with this one.

I really like watching these characters develop as the story progresses. I have say that Percy is no where near as annoying as when he first started out. We also have some new characters introduced into the story that rubbed me the wrong way in the beginning, but as the story goes on I was able to understand those characters. I am not entirely sure about all of them yet, but I am sure it will be made clear soon enough in the upcoming books.

I can recommend this book to anyone. Does not matter if you are teen or adult it is a great series and should be experienced by everyone. Great series so far and I look forward to the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment