Monday, March 23, 2015

Champion - Marie Lu - 5 stars

This was part of a read along I did with my friend Courtney. I don't read many dystopian novels because they all seem to be the same type of plotline, this series was the same, but it was so engaging I could not help myself. I have to say that this was by far my favorite of the trilogy. I think it was also a great wrap up to the story, it was beautifully done and I could not ask for a better ending to the trilogy.

In this installment things seem much more serious to me, a lot more at stake and a lot more sacrifices to be made. Day and June safely residing in the 'new Republic' with June being a Princeps-Elect, must now take on the Colonies. Day is the Legend, June is the prodigy, but who will be the champion.

This was a very engaging action packed adventurous story from beginning to end. I love all the action in this one, the twists and turns as well. The new plotlines were fabulous. The world building in all of these books were fantastic with amazing imagery and realism. There some very intense emotional sections of this book that gives readers the feels like crazy.

The character development is phenomenal! I love the protagonists and the antagonists alike. Both are believable. I love the relationship between Day and June. It doesn't have that instanlove aspect to it. I also loved the respect they had for each other as well. In this installment all of that becomes more real. They really come to know devotion love and sacrifice. The antagonists are brilliant. I was definitely against Thomas in the first two books and ten in this one I was on the fence where he was concerned. Jameson I still hated. LOL All of the characters played an awesome role in this series.

I recommend this whole series to anyone who likes dystopian novels. If you wear your heart on your sleeve then have the box of Kleenex handy. I look forward to other books my Marie Lu because this series was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment