Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cycle of the Werewolf - Stephen King - 4 star

I received this book from a dear friend on BookTube as a gift. I have not read or seen this book for 20 years at least and as soon as I opened the packaged I dived into the book and read it. Wow such a great story with great illustrations that make the story even more exciting.

In this book the author tells the story about a werewolf by way of the moon as it cycles through each month. Each month a tragedy transpires in a pattern of events and the townspeople are terrified. Even though the cause is obvious, no one really wants to come out and say accept for Marty that is.

This is a very quick and engaging read from start to finish and can be read in just a few hours. I love the illustrations in the book because I feel like it adds so much more to the story. I almost felt like a little kid again flipping back to the picture when I read about what the picture was telling. The author paints a story that is quick and to the point with this one. Not like werewolf stories of today with all the glamour.

I think had this been a longer novel, our characters would have been developed a lot better with some more backstory, but I have to say I still really enjoyed Marty who is of course our child protagonist. I think that he is still one of those very memorable characters despite not having a lot of development.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves King or loves engaging quick werewolf stories. Or maybe someone who likes graphic novels as well. Either way I don't think readers will be disappointed by what they read with this one and I am pretty sure most King lovers have already read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment