Thursday, May 21, 2015

Deserves to Die - Lisa Jackson - 4 stars

This is what I expect to be the last installment to the 'to die' series. The series has been really enjoyable. This is one of the series that I wanted to complete in 2015 and I am glad to have gotten through it, but will miss this great characters I have come to love.

In this installment we have a serial killer going after women and before they die he cuts off their left ring finger and he walks away. Alvarez and Pescoli must figure out the connection between the murders and who else might be involved.

Again the plot line is full of mystery and I love it. Especially when more than one mystery coincide with one another. The imagery again is fantastic. I found this last installment to be very engaging and very fast paced. Always something to question.

These characters, Alvarez and Pescoli are probably my favorite female detectives. They have many flaws and many of their own issues to deal with, yet they always get the job done. I think of the two, Pescoli is my favorite. They both developed very well throughout the seris and I am happy the ay that they were written, an amazing job by Jackson.

I recommend this entire series to any mystery lover that enjoys really strong female protagonists, yet they show many flaws and work through them rather than let them get in the way. If there is to be anymore books to this series, I will of course read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment