Monday, May 18, 2015

The Death Cure - James Dashner - 5 stars

Wow this is a great conclusion to the Maze Runner series and I really am glad I decided to read this series this year. I have enjoyed everyone one of these books, and I think they got better with each installment. I feel like the Author wrapped this series up beautifully.

In this book the crew is out to get WICKED and figure out some more things about the organization. Who can Thomas put his full trust in? Who will have all the answers and what is Thomas's role in this story?

I have to say that this whole series was really engaging, but this last book was definitely my favorite! It was written so well and the plot is also great. I think it really shows the insanity of people in times of great desperation. In this book that was the solar flares. I thought the world building was great and the imagery was great as well. A lot of questions answered, but there was something that I still found lacked closure.

The characters made me question a lot of things. I was trying to figure out who to trust and who not to. The author did well keeping readers guessing, and I loved that. I think the characters developed so very well throughout the series, they are very relatable and realistic. A lot to love and a lot to hate. I think anyone who reads this will also be second guessing themselves when it comes to the characters.

I recommend this to anyone who likes post apocalyptic stories. I think there is so many great elements to this series and I now look forward to the prequel, The Kill Order.

No comments:

Post a Comment