Friday, May 15, 2015

The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan - 5 stars

This is the 5th and final book to the Percy Jackson series. It was a goal this year to finish some series and this was one of the series I wished to complete for the year. I was not sure if I was going to like it since it is a 'middle grade' series, but I ended up loving all of them.

In this installment our gang of half bloods have to save Olympus from Kronos and the Titans. They go through a lot and have so many obstacles to overcome in order to save Olympus and the city as well.

I can't really say I have a favorite out of the series. I do think they just got better and better as the series went on. The plot to the whole series is beautifully done, but I really liked the plot in this one. Percy and his friends must save Olympus, I mean what could be better or more exciting than that. I also loved the bits of humor here and there throughout the series, adds a little happiness to the story.

What can I say about the characters? I think they are beautifully written and developed well throughout the story. They grow and progress well, and I loved them all, the good and the bad. The are great protagonist and antagonists, and the Villains make you seethe with hatred for them. As far as a favorite goes, it is hard to say. I am sure that most people would pick Percy. To tell you the truth in the beginning of the series, I hated Percy, I thought he was kind of annoying and arrogant, but at the same time also very naïve, but I feel like he grew into a real hero and I loved that, but as a favorite I don't think so. I liked them all and each one brought something great to the story.

I recommend this series to anyone, even those adults out there that don't normally tend to read middle grade books. This series has something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment