Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tuesday Talks: What is your biggest influence for reading?

Sorry guys, will not being doing a video this week as I am not feeling well and can hardly talk. But this weeks discussion is on who our biggest influence in reading is. Here is our link to the Good Read Group. Come check us out and see if you want to join!

I have to say that I really have only one major influence where reading is concerned and that influence is my parents, mainly my mom. She LOVED to read. Her favorite genre was mystery, which is probably why I too love mystery as much as I do. I can remember going to the library and coming home with stacks of books. Mom loved Agatha Christie books with Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot.

I can also remember that my parents always made sure that there was plenty to read in our house by buying many series of books, children's books, classic, and so many more. Always something there to dive into. I am thankful that my parents instill the love of reading into us kids at such a young age. I believe that reading is an essential part of growing up, something that will carry over into our adult years. Thanks Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Mine is basically the same as yours! Don't know why I didn't see this sooner :')

    ReplyDelete