Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Broken - Karin Slaughter - 4 stars

This book 4 in the Will Trent series and I had no doubts that I would like this book when I decided to continue with the series. I like the authors writing style and I love her flawed characters as well. I find her books very fluid and very easy to read.

In this installment Dr. Sara Linton needs some help to solve the murder of a young woman who was pulled from the lake. So Will Trent is called in to help figure things out. He meets Officer Lena Adams who appears to be keeping secrets from him and she does not give him much to go on. Will feels caught between these two women while he tries uncover the evidence in this case.

Again I loved the plot of the story, they just seem to get better with each installment. This story is very engaging with lots of mystery to uncover. I love how the story flows and keeps me connected to everything. I found myself guessing at everything but not able to figure out 'whodunit' till the very end. The story is very gratifying with it's unpredictability.

I have to say that Will Trent is one of my most favorite characters due to his flaws and imperfections. I can't deal with those perfect characters, so it is always refreshing when I find those characters that are completely flawed. A lot of the characters that readers come across in this series have some pretty serious issues to deal with and work through while trying to also solve mysteries that they are confronted with. I think it gives readers more to think about, I know it does me. I also feel like it makes the characters for realistic and more relatable.

I recommend this book/series to anyone who likes mystery. I have not yet been disappointed with anything written by this author. I look forward to continuing on with the series and completing it this year.

1 comment:

  1. The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. See the link below for more info.


    #broken
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete