Sunday, June 28, 2015

Not Fade Away - Laurence Shames and Peter Barton

This a story about living life, pain, love, faith, and ultimately death. Peter Barton was full of life, energy and passion when he discovers he has cancer. This is his account of his life and how he lived it to the fullest.

I liked the way this book was wrote both as a memoir and a biography, and how it was written by 2 different people. I think it captured the importance of not giving up and living life fully every day. I also like how we were allowed to live Peter's life through reading this book. I liked who he was as a person, businessman, husband and father. I think as readers of this book we are better able to understand cancer, pain, and loss. It was very fluid and easy to read, also pretty emotional as well.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes memoirs or life stories, even though they don't always have a happy ending. Even though the book did not blow me away, it is a great look into courage, love and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment