Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Stolen - Lucy Christopher - 2.5 stars

I read this book for a read-a-thon and I had heard a lot of good things about it, so I was looking forward to getting to it. I have to say I found the book just ok for me, nothing that blew me away and at times I even found it somewhat boring.

In this story we Have Gemma who is abducted from the Bangkok Airport and taken to the Australian Outback. Her Abductor, Ty, had been planning this for years. This is Gemma's account of her experience by way of a letter she had written to her abductor.

I thought the plot of the story was good, and I think that it was well planned, just maybe not executed as well as it could have been. At times I found the story engaging and very fluid, while other times it got rather dry and boring. I think for the most part it flowed well, it just needed a bit more excitement. I liked the way Gemma wrapped up the letter but I think the way the whole thing was resolved fell kind of flat. It was not what I expected at all.

As far as the characters go, I think they could have had a bit more depth to them. I did like the thought process that Gemma went through and that she did not instantly fall for her captor. I was afraid that it was going to be the case. The author kept her pretty leveled head I think. I was happy to see that in her eyes it was not all fun and games, this kept it real. I think the author created Ty well, that she still made us realize that there was issues with him and he was not the good guy. Although some of these reviews talking about how great he is kind of blows me away.

I don't know who I could recommend this book to. I am sure for some people it would be great if you like these kind of stories, and as I have already said I heard from many that they really liked it. I think it was worth the read, it was just nothing that wowed me. I am rating this 2.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment