Monday, June 1, 2015

The Five people you met in Heaven - Mitch Albom - 4 stars

I read this book as a challenge in a read-a-thon I am a part of. I have only read one other book by Mitch Albom. I like his poetic, heart warming writing style which is sure to give you the feels at some point while reading his stuff.

In this book we have Eddie. Eddie is a maintenance man at an amusement park. While making his rounds at work, Eddie dies and then meets 5 people in heaven, all of whom have a message for him.

I like the plot of this story. I find it engaging, heart warming and emotional. I think the author writes such different stories that are sure to give you the feels at some point in the story. I also like his imagery when talking about this amusement park, it almost takes you there.

The characters are sweet, and I enjoy them, but I don't think they are developed as well as they could be. There is a lot of backstory, but really only for Eddie. I also think this story is more plot driven then character driven, but still a pleasure to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment