Monday, October 19, 2015

Edgewise - Graham Masterton - 5 stars

I read this book as a read along with several people and this is now my third time reading it. I come to the same conclusion, Graham Masterton is an amazing writer. Even after reading it for a third time I do not find it boring or repetitive.

In this book Lily's children are taken from her by a group called FLAME which stands for Father's League Against Mother's Evil. She does not feel like the FBI are doing enough for her to get her children back and she turns to George Iron Walker who claims he can summon the Wendigo, a Native American forest spirit, who will find her children and bring that safely back to her, but it will be for a pretty high price.

This is a very quick read and a definite page turner even after reading it many times. I read this in one sitting and still loved it just as much as the first time I read it. I love that it is based on Native American folk lore, the "Wendigo". I find it to be so engaging right from page one and it is very easy to follow. Some parts of the story are very graphic though so if you are faint of heart it might not be something you want to read.

I also have some favorite characters in the book. My favorites being John Shooks, who is supposed to be "not loved by many" and then also Special Agent Nathan Kellogg. Both have great characters. Although there is not a lot of background to these characters and not the greatest character developement it is still enough to fall in love with them anyway. The main character Lily, my favorite character, has a lot on her plate to deal with, she goes through so much and never seems to give up. I love the strong, perservering type, not the defeated, whiny ones that you wanna kill yourself.


I would recommend this book to anyone that loves horror, mystery or thriller and wants a quick easy to read book that is hard to put down. It won't disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment