Friday, October 16, 2015

The House Jack Built - 5 stars

Another great book by one of my favorite Paranormal-horror Authors, Graham Masterton. I decided I wanted to read this for spook season because I love to read some creepy books this time of year. I knew that I would not be disappointed by this one at all.

In this book you have Craig Bellerman who stumbled across an old 1930's house named Vallhalla and he was determined to make it his, claiming the house was him. His wife Effie was discovering some pretty odd things going on in this house and she did not get good vibes from it at all, but after seeing how it gave her husband confidence she agreed to look at it and later make plans to buy it. Effie knew they were getting much more than they bargained for.

I loved the plot of this story so much. So unique and different. Something I really enjoyed about this book was that there was no random stuff just added to it. Everything had it's place and everything was backed up to make a very rich story full of creepiness and some edge of seat action. This book was also very fluid and easy to follow, with lots of great plot twists and an ending I never saw coming. It was also very interesting with it's great historical elements.

I liked how the characters evolved in this story. They were developed so very well and were very realistic and believable. I think I probably liked Effie the most of all of them. She was such a strong character and she told it how it was. I found Craig had a very unique character and I don't really want to go into why since it would spoil the story a bit, but I liked how the author wrote him, it made readers pay attention.

I recommend this to anyone who likes horror, historical or Graham Masterton stories. It is sure to soothe any lovers of these genres. Graham Masterton is a great talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment