Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Dark Sacrifice - Angie Sandro - 5 stars

Wow I enjoyed this sequel just as much as the first one, Dark Paradise. I picked this one up from Net Galley directly after finishing the first one. I was glad they still had it available for review. This book is coming out on August 5th, and I got it in return for an honest review. It has a great mix of genre sure to please a large audience.

The whole ideal of this story is great. I thought that it was structured very well. There were actually several different parts to the story that I really enjoyed quite a lot. I found it to be very engaging and easy to read and follow. I felt that the imagery was great as was the character development. I found that I could barely put the book down.

In this is installment things pick up right where they left off in the last book. And things really start to heat up for Mala and Landry. They have to learn to deal with so many things especially Aunt Magnolia who becomes a large part in the molding not only Mala, but Landry as well. Mala and Landry also have to learn to control powers that threatens to make them do things they can't control. This book also ends on a very open note for another book to make an appearance and I will be one of the first to get it.

The characters are fantastic in my opinion. They are very well developed and I find myself able to connect to most of them. There are both great protagonists and antagonists as well. A nice cast of characters for readers to enjoy. My favorites are Landry and Mala of course. I love that their relationship is not love at first site, and they both have their own demons in life to deal with. Readers are also even more exposed to Aunt Magnolia in this installment. I have to say though, I am still kind of on the fence about her character. I hope there is a third book so I can learn just a bit more about who she is.

I find that this book has an equal balance of being plot driven and character driven both. That makes for a very exciting read. I recommend this to a wide array of readers because I think you can find a bit of everything in not only this book but also it's predecessor. This book IMO is very deserving of the 5 stars I am giving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment