Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Kiss - James Patterson - 4.5 stars

This was a great installment to the series. I am a little sad that the adventures are over, but I am so glad that I got to this series. The series just got better and better the further I got through it.

In this installment Whit and Wisty need to stop the Mountain king, or otherwise also called the Snow Leopard. They are in for a lot more than they bargained for. Their whole little town is in jeopardy and these two have to save them. A lot on the line in this installment. Readers also meet some new villains in this book. I feel like this book is both plot driven and character driven which I love.

The imagery in the books are fantastic, this one was no different as far as that went. I felt so immersed in their world while I read. I was so engaged with the story that I could barely stop reading it. And when I wasn't reading I wish I were. I loved all the action and adventure as well. There was also a great twist to the story that I did not expect at all.

The characters grow a lot in this book. And I loved their progression throughout the series. They were all very well developed both protagonists and antagonists alike. My favorites of course are Whit and Wisty. I also really enjoy Janine's character as well. I think they are all very strong.

This is a 4.5 star read for me. And I recommend this book to just about anyone that likes YA with all those great elements such as action, thriller, mystery and of course some young love.

No comments:

Post a Comment