Thursday, July 31, 2014

Onyx - Jennifer L. Armentrout - 5 stars

Wow this one, was even better than the first one. I am so glad I decided to read this series. I had heard so much about it and finally got them on my kindle. I will be buying the physical copies of these books as well. This series is a first time read for me and Jennifer Armentrout is a very gifted writer.

In this installment Katy is learning so much more about herself and what she is capable of. She is learning to trust Daemon and the Lux more as they try to put a stop to the plans of the DOD. This installment brings 2 new mysterious people to the forefront, Will and Blake. I was really on the fence with these two for most of the story.

I love the world that the author has built here. It has such a real feeling and yet also has those mysterious unexplained elements that only add to the experience and excitement. Great imagery that allows the readers to insert themselves into the story and become a part of all these characters lives.

The characters are very well developed. My favorite would have to be Katy for one. I can so relate to her mostly because she loves books and reading and she writes a blog. She has a passion for that and I love it. Daemon is another favorite. He is kind of mysterious to start and readers will find themselves trying to figure him out. In this book more of his life unfolds for the readers and you can't help but love his character. Actually you can't help but love their alien race.

And then we have the love interest between Katy and Daemon. The relationship between these 2 drives me insane! The feed on one another's jealousies. There relationship is so very wishy washy that sometimes I just want to slap them silly. The butt heads a lot but they do eventually both arrive on the same page.

So far this series has really been a privilege to read and I cant wait to continue the story with Opal. I also love the titles of the books which play a significant role in the series. All I can say is that this series is so very engaging, so fluid to read and understand. Full of action, humor and excitement it is sure to please most readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment