Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Darke - Angie Sage - 4 stars

This was a great installment to the series. It was very fluid and easy to read. I really have been enjoying the characters growth in this series even though the growth is not as profound as some series. We must keep in mind that this book is a middle grade book.

So in this book Septimus and the crew have to fight the Darke Domain and all the evil forces that go along with that. They go through a lot of stuff to try and accomplish this feat. There was plenty of excitement and action to keep readers engaged. I loved revisiting all of my favorite characters.

The imagery in the book is great per normal. I love the depth that our Author has painted the scenery with. I almost felt like I was there with all of them. I really liked the idea of a dragon in the story as well. He too has his own battle to fight. The characters are very well developed as well, and I have several favorites, but I would have liked to see more growth with the characters or least a bit more growth a little faster. Jenna bothers me a little bit. Both in this book and the last one. She almost seems a little spoiled and a little whiny as well.

Overall this was a great read and I really enjoyed. I look forward to getting into the last book of the series, Fyre I recommend this book to anyone who loves a series/book that has a little Harry Potterish feel to it. Although this series is really a lot lighter than the Harry Potter series.

No comments:

Post a Comment